I love food. I don’t think you heard me. I really enjoy a good meal. Beginning with the aroma. Wafting through the air. Fish hooking me by the nostrils and leading me to the source of earthly delight. To the gastronomic bliss of a belly sated (but not full). Ummm! Did I mention that I really get off on good vittles. Ok, ok.
My guess, is that a few of you out there, like to eat just as much as I do. So I’m going to share a recipe for one of my favorite dishes. It’s delicious, nutritious and simple to prepare. Baked Salmon is a dish I can’t get enough of. I could eat this several times a week and never get bored. Even the color turns me on. I mean come on, how many fish have a color named after them. Before Justin, it was salmon that brought sexy back. 🙂
Enough of my food porn. Let’s get down to the nitty gritty and cook up some Baked Salmon.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) fillets salmon (preferably wild)
- In a medium bowl, mix the garlic, light olive oil, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Place in the refrigerator about 60 minutes. Turn occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place fillets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Place sealed salmon in the glass dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes, until easily flaked with a fork.
Serves 2. Calories: 613, Total Fat: 51.9g
Serve with your choice of salad or steamed vegetable and you’ve got a meal I guarantee you will return to again and again and …………… You get the point.