The goddess Cuba can be very mysterious and elusive to those who not familiar with her. She is jealous, yet promiscuous; courting millions of consorts nightly. A primal goddess, who to this day torments those who do not respect her and court others during her sacred cycle.
Cuba is the goddess of the bedroom and is associated with sleep. Her name literally translates to- lying down. Cuba protects us during out sleep, especially children. To gain her favor, like all women, you must pay tithes with your attention. She must know that you value her company and place no other above her in your heart.
- Listen to Some Soft Music that will lull you to sleep. There are CDs designed for that very purpose. Some are specially composed music, others simply have sounds of waves rhythmically breaking, or the steady pattern of a heartbeat.
- Try a cup of hot Chamomile, catnip, anise or fennel tea. All contain natural ingredients which will help you sleep.
- Avoid Caffeine, Alcohol and Tobacco. Research has shown that alcohol upsets sleep, preventing a deep rest. Same with tobacco. Avoid them all.
- Get Some Physical Exercise During the Day. People with “mental” jobs, like office workers, have far more trouble with insomnia than do people who work physically hard all day. Even 15 minutes a day of exercise (at least half an hour before going to bed so your body will have a chance to slow down) will give your body the activity and oxygen it needs to help you relax more and sleep better.
- Keep Your Bed a Place for Sleep. Okay, and maybe for one other thing. But not for working, reading, watching television, doing crossword puzzles, or whatever else occupies you in the evening. Let your mind and body identify bed with sleeping.
These are sure fire ways to woo the goddess and become here favorite once again. In the unusual event that this does not do the trick. I suggest offering chocolates. Preferably Godiva. Have them shipped to Kazi at My Body Temple and I will make sure she receives them 🙂